Cultural Allocation Funding Board
Once your organization has completed the registration process with the Office of Student Involvement and both your president and treasurer have attended a Funding Workshop, you will be eligible to apply for funding from university sources. Organizations must be in good standing with the Office of Student Involvement to receive funding. Only cultural and identity based organizations are eligible to request funds from Cultural Allocation Funding Board.
The major funding source for student organizations is the Student Activity Fee. Organizations may submit an application to Cultural Allocation Funding Board to help offset financial expenses to enhance the student experience at DePaul.
Click here for CAF-B policies
Funding Workshop dates for 2019-2020:
Current organization presidents and treasurers are both required to attend a Funding Workshop during the academic year for which they are requesting funding. If an organization elects a new president/treasurer at any point during the academic year, they must attend a monthly workshop. Student organizations cannot request funding until the presidents and treasurers have attended a training. All workshops are listed as DeHub events as “Funding Workshop."
All Training session will take place at 10AM and 11AM in the Office of Student Involvement located in LPSC, Suite 201, unless otherwise stated below.
September 11, 2019 - at 10AM and 11:15 AM, located in LPSC 325
September 13, 2019 - located in Arts and Letters 202
September 16, 2019 - at 10AM only, located in LPSC 325
October 4, 2019
November 1, 2019
January 10, 2020
February 7, 2020
March 6, 2020
April 3, 2020
May 1, 2020
Hearings are for requests up to $3,000. The President or Treasurer must attend the hearing in order to be eligible for funding.
Please refer to the following application deadlines, hearing dates, and eligible event dates for 2019-2020:
|Application Deadline||Hearing Date||Eligible Programs/Expenses|
|September 16, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.||September 20, 2019||October 16, 2019- June 30, 2020|
|October 7, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.||October 11, 2019||November 7, 2019- June 30, 2020|
|November 4, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.||November 8, 2019||December 4, 2019- June 30, 2020|
|January 13, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.||January 17, 2020||February 13, 2020- June 30, 2020|
|February 10, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.||February 14, 2020||March 10, 2020- June 30, 2020|
|March 9, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.||March 13, 2020||April 9, 2020- June 30, 2020|
|April 13, 2020 at 5:00pm||April 17, 2020||May 13, 2020- June 30, 2020|
|May 4, 2020 at 5pm||May 8, 2020||July 1, 2020- June 30, 2021|
- Snap Funding allows Cultural Student Organizations to receive up to $200 for event funding outside of the normal Cultural Allocation Board process.
- The student organization requests funding via the DeHub budget tool, and will recieve an answer as to whether they receive the funding within 24 business hours after being reviewed by the Cultural Allocation Board Chair and Advisor.
- Student organizations must apply at least 7 days in advance of the event for which they request snap funding.
- All proposals must be in alignment with spending guidelines and for events for DePaul students.
- Snap Funding is only for on-campus events OR for closed events collaborating with 3 other CAF-B orgs
- Student organizations cannot apply for Snap Funding for previously denied events.
- Only one Snap Funding application is allowed per event. If a student organization decides to collaborate with another student organization, only one organization can apply for the snap funding.
CAF-B Reallocation Process
If you would like to re-allocate the funding you have received from CAF-B, please see the Reallocation Request form attached to your Funding Letter. This letter is provided once your organization is approved for funding.
- You are only allowed to re-allocate funds to items on your original funding request.
- You are only allowed to re-allocate funds to items that received only partial funding in your original request.
- You cannot re-allocate funds that were not used towards a different event.
- All reallocations must be submitted with a copy of your award letter a minimum of 14 DAYS prior to your program or event to the CAF-B Advisor.
- If your program requires contract usage, the funding reallocation form MUST be submitted 35 DAYS prior to your program or event.
- The Cultural Allocation Funding Board will review your request, provide a decision to the CAF-B Advisor and you will be notified of the decision via your reallocation request application on OrgSync within 7 DAYS of submitting the request.
Payment Processing Steps
Once you are awarded CAF-B funding, you have 4 options when it comes to making your purchases. You can:
- Direct Payment with OSI. Request a payment on the budget portal and contact OSI Coordinator Franco Sambataro at firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment to purchase items.
- Reimbursement. Make purchases on your own, and then submit a payment request for each line item on the budgeting tool. This must be completeed within 30 days of your purchase! Save your fully paid receipts. We cannot reiumburse venmo or cash apps of any kind
- Contracts. Contracts must be completed for (but is not limited to) DJs, speakers, performers, venues, and vendors. You will recieve applicable contracts with your Funding Letter. DO NOT SIGN THE CONTRACT. Have the vendor sign, then upload the half completed contract into your request payment section of the budget portal. This must be done 21 days prior to your event.
- Invoice/Vendor Payment. Request a payment in the budget portal. Submit the unpaid invoice and any additional documents provided by the vendor.
For questions regarding CAF-B funding, please contact: Tina Roberts at email@example.com.
For questions regarding payment processing, contact: Franco Sambataro, Coordinator for Student Involvement, FSAMBATA@depaul.edu or (773) 325-7361.