Payment Processing Methods
There are four main ways to spend funds:
1. Direct Payment with OSI: Contact OSI (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule an appointment. The appointment needs to be scheduled at least one week prior to the program.
2. Reimbursement: Request a reimbursement through the Payment Processing Form.
- Must be completed within 30 days of purchase.
- Save fully paid receipts
- Do not use cash sharing apps such as Venmo, Cash App, etc. Reimbursements cannot be processed if payment is made through these forms.
3. Contracts: Contracts must be completed for (but is not limited to) DJs, speakers, performers, venues, and vendors.
- Students must NOT sign contracts themselves. This agreement must be completed by the performer/vendor, and then uploaded by the student organization.
- Contracts should be uploaded to the Contract Submission Form.
- Vendor Agreement (i.e. venues, inflatables, catering)- Vendor Agreement
- Performance Agreement (i.e. D.J., speaker, musician)- Performance Agreement
- Contract Submission must be complete 21 days prior to event!
4. Invoice/Vendor Payment: Invoices should be uploaded to the Payment Processing Form.
- Submit the unpaid invoice and any additional documents provided by vendor.
Reimbursements can be submitted to the Office of Student Involvement for expenses that have been awarded through SAF-B and for funds in an organization’s on-campus account. To request a reimbursement, please complete the Payment Processing Form. All documents must be completed (original receipts, invoices, etc.) prior to submitting it to Student Involvement. You will be responsible for reading the award letter to know the dates of when receipts/invoices should be given to Student Involvement. If you miss the deadline, you will NOT be reimbursed and you will be responsible for all invoices. In other words, your award letter will be null and void.
Reimbursements and invoices will be paid 30 days from when accounts payable receives the paperwork. Because of the numerous reimbursements and invoices that come in to the Office of Student Involvement, please allow 10 business days for the Business Coordinator to complete the paperwork. All receipts must be original, not copied.
The receipt should show the following:
- All food purchases (catering or from a store) must have a notation indicating the business purpose and a list of names taking part in the event. The person who makes the purchase will be the person 6 reimbursed. If what is turned in is only a confirmation of the purchase, you will need to show proof of purchase (i.e., canceled check, bank statement, credit card bill, etc.).
- Items Purchased
The reallocation process can also be found on the SAF-B website.